The Art and Asset Intern position will be primarily responsible for digitizing the Lucasfilm archival photography collection as well as uploading and adding metadata to art assets in our digital asset management system. This is a remote internship that runs through May/June to August/September. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space. There is no guarantee to become full-time or contract employee following the internship
- Scanning of photographic slides, negatives and prints to produce archival digital surrogates
- Upload files and enter descriptive metadata into the asset management system
- Data entry and updates within archives management and library catalog systems
- Perform quality control on born digital assets in a variety of file formats.
- Properly handle fragile and rare archival materials, rehousing into proper archival storage as needed
- Retouch images as needed
- Support LFL Photography Team on special projects & assignments
- Proficiency and knowledge in Still Photography
- Experience with Epson and Hasselblad scanners or the equivalent
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop
- Working knowledge with image cataloging and digital asset management systems
- Knowledge of working with RAW and DNG image files using Adobe Lightroom or the equivalent
- Understanding of archival photography preservation standards
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship OR have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.