Bismarck Veterans Memorial Public Library
- Performs complex technical work in the design, implementation, organization, and upgrade of library information systems, equipment, and services.
- Analyzes local and wide area networks, infrastructure, and equipment to determine network operating systems, protocols, hardware, software, and configurations.
- Prepares an annual technology plan.
- Responsible for the installation, oversight, monitoring, upgrade, maintenance, backup, and repair of all technology devices and network equipment including servers, LAN components, staff and PAC computers.
- Performs ongoing support for a variety of library technology and oversees library wide software installations and configuration.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment and enhancement of existing technology as well as new technology related to services deployed.
- Serves as the system technician for Central Dakota Library Network, which uses the Horizon ILS platform from SirsiDynix, for approximately 10 hours per month.
- Serves as the technical liaison between Bismarck Veterans Memorial Public Library, Central Dakota Library Network, the Information Technology Division of the State of North Dakota, and City of Bismarck Information Services.
- Minimum ten years of experience
- Significant training in computer operations, analysis and coordination of IT systems in a multi-operation system, and IT systems and functions in a technologically complex environment.
- Knowledge of a variety of hardware, software, programming language and platforms, and operating systems required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science-related field from an accredited institution. (preferred)
- Preference given to applicants with system administration experience with the ILS platform Horizon and Horizon Information Portal (HIP).
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.