Website Eastern New Mexico University
Under the general supervision of the Director, Golden Library, the Library Systems Administrator implements, manages, and oversees all technologies within the Library, including the Integrated Library System (ILS), the Discovery Service (DS), the web portal, and all current and new systems used within the Library.
- Working in a team-oriented environment, the Library Systems Administrator will:
- Serve as the primary technical contact with library automation software and licensed database vendors. Support the use and accessibility of library systems and databases.
- Participate with focus groups in the evaluation and recommendation of software and hardware used in various aspects of library operations.
- Effectively resolve library system problems by conducting thorough analyses of problems and employing appropriate aids to resolve problems.
- Collaborate and coordinate with librarians, library staff, and ITS as needed to ensure the availability of technology resources.
- Provide a high level of customer service to library clients, communicating with library staff and clients about technology and software needs.
- Responsible for all library systems administration duties which include all matters pertaining to OCLC WorldShare Management Services (WMS), OCLC EZProxy, EBSCO Discovery Services (EDS), and electronic resources upkeep and maintenance.
- Maintain library portal and web page information as needed.
- Attend meetings and maintain active memberships in relevant local, regional, state and national associations. Remains current on IT and library technology trends, issues, and standards.
- Provide remote technical support for library systems to students, faculty and staff from all ENMU campuses.
- Evaluate emerging technologies for application within library systems.
- Assist with specialized reports and perform other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to Golden Library initiatives that further ENMU’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to think and thrive in a logical, creative and ever-changing innovative environment.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to information processed, stored, or accessed by the system.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, manage and document technology deployment projects.
- Demonstrated experience administering Linux and windows operating systems, managing authentication and monitoring for performance and security.
- Demonstrated experience deploying web applications (with preference for Java based and php based) and use of code versioning systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of common library interoperability protocols (OAI, Z39.50, SRU), metadata frameworks (e.g. MARC and Dublin Core) and web services (service oriented architecture).
- Familiarity with XML and XML Schemas.
- Experience of managing library systems: Integrated Library System (OCLC WMS preferred), OpenURL, link resolver (SFX preferred) and EZProxy.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as experience working with broadly diverse communities.
To apply, please ensure that you attach all required documents even if you have applied for other positions at ENMU as the committee does not have access to those records.
- Letter of interest
- Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
- Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
To apply for this job please visit nmla.wildapricot.org.