Pahrump Public Library
The Library Director is a full-time, salaried position with a salary range of $45,000 to $55,000 DOE. Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, PER’S retirement plan, paid sick, holidays and personal days.
Material Selection and Collection Development Responsibilities
- Assures that the materials selected and the services provided meet the needs of the patrons and represents a judicious expenditure of funds.
- Supervises and approves the selection and purchase of all Library materials, equipment and services.
- Provides a quality collection that meets the needs of the public.
- Envisions and interprets community needs, developing new programs and services for all segments of the community.
- Assures that the staff is responsive to patrons and serves with them in a pleasant manner.
Responsibilities to the Library Board
- Develops and recommends an annual operational plan and a long-range plan when requested by the Board; ensures that plans are carried out within budgetary constraints and at the discretion of the Board.
- Recommends policies and advises the Board on operational, fiscal, staffing, andfacilities matter.
- Meets with the Library Board and its committees to discuss and plan policy recommendations.
- Keeps the Library Board informed on matters pertaining to libraries.
- Prepares various reports, for Board approval.
- Prepares agendas for Library Board Meetings
- Works with Board committees to carry out their directives.
- Maintains confidentiality of all Board matters.
- Performs all duties as may be assigned by the Library Board.
Fiscal and Staffing Responsibilities
- Performs budgeting, financial, and purchasing functions of the Library.
- Carries out the responsibility for the care, custody, and control of all monies of the Library, including the investment of funds in accordance with State statutes.
- Prepares for the annual budget hearing, which includes budgeting operational expenses, capital projects, and debt service, and estimating revenue to be received for the Library.
- Attends budget hearing then submits reports to the Department of Taxation.
- Determines staffing requirements and hires the personnel necessary to meet those needs.
- Supervises the selection, training, and evaluation of Library staff.
- Works closely with supervisors and department managers in applying Library policies.
- Assures that personnel are properly trained and promotes individual development.
- Assures that there is an effective and fair evaluation of all personnel and that proper records are maintained.
- Assures that the physical facilities, grounds, and equipment are properly maintained,updated, and safe for use.
- Oversees the Library’s human, material, equipment, and facilities resources.
- Evaluates and develops plans for effective allocation and utilization of building space to meet the changing needs of the Library.
- Graduate of a College or University with a degree related to Library science, social science, business, or public administration. Masters of Library Science from accredited University.
- Five years of professional Library experience, including at least two year as a Librarian in charge of a small Library or in charge of a major division of a large Library.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public Library functions
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration as applied to a public Library.
- Ability to administer the activities of a public Library and to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, subordinates, associates, officials of other agencies, and the general public.
To apply, submit Cover Letter, Resume, and two letters of references to Pahrump Community Library, 701 East Street, Pahrump, NV 89048 or email email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org