Website Mohave County
Mohave County Library is currently recruiting for the position of Library Director located in Kingman, AZ. This position performs professional and administrative work in planning, organizing and directing the activities of the Library District.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs the programs and activities of the Library District; establishes policies, procedures and guidelines to be observed by department personnel.
- Provides administrative leadership and direction for the Department.
- Manages the preparation of a tentative budget for the department and divisions by predicting the funds needed for staffing, equipment, and materials and monitoring and administering the expenditures for allotted funds to strive for the most effective use of funds.
- Institutes programs to maintain the quality and improve efficiency of programs within the Department.
- Provides professional advice and support to the Mohave County Board of Supervisors on provision of the library administration and services matters; personally or through subordinates, provides professional staff advice on provision of library administration and services matters to the various community groups, commissions, boards, or other administrative groups as directed by the County Manager.
- Establishes and maintains a liaison function with other County departments, commissions and boards, and other library agencies at local, state, and federal levels to assure the achievement of the highest level of effective administration, coordination and participation, maintenance and review of programs and activities. Serves on committees, boards and commissions as requested.
- Promotes public understanding of the library administration and services programs, activities and policies through presentations to public and representative community groups and through news releases to the media.
- Attends meetings of professional societies and speaks before professional and civic organizations on varied library administration and services programs.
- Makes oral and written presentations to the Board of Supervisors and various committees, boards and the public.
- Compiles, reviews and analyzes data and prepares reports and statistical data relating to operations and program performance. Prepares administrative recommendations.
- Identifies and resolves administrative and operational problems and implements methods and procedures to improve performance and economy.
- Manages library services at multiple locations.
- Directs the development, repair and maintenance of library buildings.
- Researches, develops and implements programs and projects utilizing appropriate methods for improved services.
- Develops and administers the department’s budget in accordance with program goals and objectives.
- Develops and implements long and short-range goals and objectives for department and its divisions.
- Forecasts for future liabilities and directs activities of staff to plan for the same.
- Researches, applies for and manages grants from private, state and federal organizations.
- Coordinates departmental activities with other departments, local and state jurisdictions and federal agencies.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited School of Library Science.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible professional experience in library administration and services with at least two (2) years at a supervisory/managerial level, managing two (2) or more library facilities of significant size simultaneously.
- OR any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.