Website Lewistown Public Library
The Library Director performs professional and administrative library functions requiring specialized knowledge in all areas of public library services. This position focuses on management of the Lewistown Public Library, the personnel of the Library, and all programs, activities, and volunteers. The Library Director upholds Montana’s Code Annotated, confidentiality laws and maintains the integrity of the Lewistown Public Library.
- Supervises all Library Staff, volunteers, or community workers that may assist at the Library.
- Maintains a meaningful and effective relationship with the City of Lewistown and Fergus County.
- Plans, organizes and manages the services of the Library.
- Develops and promotes the services of the Library to meet present and future needs through short and long-range planning documents.
- Develops and implements the LPL Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Board of Trustees.
- Ensures that patron privacy and confidentiality are maintained by all staff and volunteers.
- Supervises and regularly evaluates staff members and insures adequate opportunity and training for staff and volunteers.
- Oversees collection development and acquisitions for the Library’s collection. Keeps current on new library materials and technologies.
- Prepares and submits claims for library spending. Monitors spending levels and keeps within budget.
- Prepares, justifies, and follows a budget set by the Library Board of Trustees.
- Travels and/or attends meetings of professional groups to keep abreast of current techniques and technical advancements.
- Maintains the online catalog and automation system to perform at optimum level.
- Prepares agenda with Board Chair. Provides minutes and business documentation for monthly Library Board meetings.
- Promotes the Library’s services through media and other promotions.
- Assists patrons in locating needed resources in all formats.
- Provides patrons with correct, non-judgmental and complete responses to their informational needs.
- Enforces library rules for the protection of library patrons and property.
- Provides a welcoming and safe atmosphere.
- Maintains and manages existing and emerging technological equipment.
- Promotes community involvement in library affairs by developing and supporting outreach activities in the Library.
- A Master of Library or Information Science, or equivalent Masters. Will consider a Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent experience. A minimum of 2 years of administrative and supervisory experience in a library is preferred. Must earn and maintain State Library Certification.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to maintain a balanced and relevant library collection.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills in meeting with patrons, staff and the community.
- Knowledge and experience with computer technology, networking and security. Must obtain a valid Montana Driver’s License.
- Able to move around the facility, walk, sit, bend, climb, kneel, carry and stoop; ability to use hand and finger motion with enough dexterity to use computers and handle library items.
- Lift up to twenty five pounds, or greater with assistance. Must have specific vision abilities (adjusted) that include close and distance vision with good depth perception.
For the complete Library Director Job Description, contact Lewistown Job Service at 406-708-7024 or LewistownJSC@mt.gov.
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and two letters of reference to Lewistown Job Service, 773 Airport Rd, Lewistown, MT 59457 or email Cover Letter, Resume, and two letters of reference to Lewistown Library Board of Trustees. email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org