Cooperstown Public Library
The Griggs County Public Library, located in Cooperstown, ND, seeks highly motivated, strategic leader for the position of Library Director. The library director is responsible for day-to-day operations of the library; planning and goal setting for the future of the library; meeting the goals as established in the Library’s Mission Statement. The position based on at least 40 hours per week and includes some Saturday hours. The Griggs County Public Library offers a State sponsored retirement plan. In addition, the Library provides vacation time, sick leave, and paid holidays. The salary based on experience.
- Accounts payable and receivable, collection development
- Budget Preparation
- Development/Revision of policies and procedures
- Personnel (including training staff on software, policies & procedures)
- Maintain physical property (building)
- Grant Writing, research for library patrons
- Maintain Griggs County Public Library Friends of the Library financial records
- Maintain Griggs County Imagination Library records
- Represent the library within the community
- Serve the public and perform other duties as assigned by the library board
- Attend at least one workshop offered by the ND State Library each year
- Selecting (research, book reviews, etc.), purchasing, cataloging books and other items
- Purchasing supplies, equipment (including technology equipment)
- Establish annual operating budget
- Prepare monthly financial information – maintain inventory and accounts payable
- Monthly circulation statistics (compile and interpret)
- Assist library patrons conducting research, including genealogical research
- Maintain security on technology (computer) equipment
- Install and troubleshoot technology equipment for the Library and patrons
- Write weekly article for the Griggs County Courier Newspaper
- Public relations, including programming
- Manage library staff and prepare work schedules
- Maintain minutes and financial records for the Library Board
- Assist in circulation, when necessary
- Maintain the library catalog database with proper MARC (computerized) records to maintain card catalog in a clean, readable format
- Develop special projects such as the local history collection
- Serve on committees outside the library, such as the Cooperstown Community Club, ND Overdrive Association, and the North Dakota Library Association (NDLA)
- Write grants and seek special project funding from outside sources
- Create and maintain library website and Facebook page
BA/BS Degree preferred, with some general office experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the job as listed above. Should have proficiency in the following areas:
- Administrative and Management skills
- Computer skills above basic software use of Microsoft Office (Word, Publisher, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Accounting/bookkeeping skills using QuickBooks (financial software)
- Maintain library website WordPress (website design/maintenance)
- Some knowledge of library software (cataloging and circulation system)
- Knowledge of library law
- Ability to communicate with a constantly changing board of trustees; city, county and state government officials; as well as the public
- Positions in this class typically require: climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Incumbents may be subjected to travel.
- Position requires lifting up to 40 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The job is rated for Medium Work.
Letter of Interest, library application form, and contact information can be sent via mail or delivered to Griggs County Public Library attention: Library Board of Directors PO Box 546 Cooperstown, ND 58425.
To apply for this job please visit Library%20Board%20of%20Directors%20PO%20Box%20546%20Cooperstown,%20ND%2058425.