Website Library Systems & Services
Library Systems & Services (LS&S) is seeking a Library Director for the Camarillo Public Library in Camarillo, California. With year-round near-perfect weather, Camarillo, conveniently located just an hour north of Los Angeles and close to local beaches, is especially attractive to those who delight in the warm California climate. Picturesque agricultural vistas and cool ocean breezes set the backdrop for a charming old town. The beautiful 65,000 square-foot California Mission style Camarillo Public Library serves a population of nearly 70,000. It is equipped with a busy homework center, literacy center, the Russell Fisher Business Collection and a wide range of children’s, teen, and adult physical and electronic resources and collections.
The Library Director supports the LS&S mission, vision, and values through exceptional leadership and dedicated customer focus. The Library Director is responsible for ensuring contract requirements are met. The Library Director will lead a team of library staff members who are committed to creating a thriving library in the heart of their community. The Library Director will be responsible for building a strong partnership with their local official and managing the customer relationship. This position reports directly to the Chief Library Officer.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values and mission of LS&S and creates thriving libraries in the heart of our communities
- Evaluate library environments and key operational indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement
- Coaches library staff to help achieve operational goals; monitors and manages staffing levels
- Develops the library’s team to deliver excellent patron experiences in all service locations.
- Implements action plans that meet operational and organizational objectives
- Keeps current with library trends, issues and technology as well as political, economic and demographics issues that may affect library services and standard programming
- Plans and executes local, regional and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results. Follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans
- Utilizes existing tools and best practices to ensure effective library operations
- Utilizes and helps library staff utilize management information tools and analyzes financial reports and other library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.) to identify and address library system trends and issues
- Oversee the selection, acquisition and processing of library materials to meet public needs within the structure of library selection policies and budgetary limitations
- Evaluates and supports the performance of Library staff
- Responsible for the local management of the customer relationship (city/county officials, governing boards, library boards)
- Regularly solicits client, other stakeholder and patron feedback to understand client needs and the needs of the local community
- Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices
Equal Opportunity Employer: AA M/F/Vet/Disability
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
- ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS degree required
- Four years of supervisory experience preferred
- Five years of progressively responsible library managerial experience and/or administrative functions of a library to include analyzing and applying financial reports and library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.) preferred
- Experience in a role that requires frequent interaction with patrons, fulfilling the requests of patrons and responsibility for addressing patron issues, questions and suggestions
- Moderate complex programming and financial analysis experience
- Demonstrates moderate experience in a complex, fast-paced environment
LS&S is the premier and most respected provider of library management and data services to state and federal Government Agencies. We partner with our library clients to provide world class service and professional expertise; protecting their library investment. With a proven track record, we utilize a team approach – providing accountable, unique and responsive solutions to delight library users. With already over 80 locations across the United States, LS&S is on a rapid growth pattern with plans for expanding our business.
To apply for this job please visit joblist.ala.org.