The Galecia Group is seeking a Library Dial-A-Story Content Developer to help curate stories for our new Library Dial-A-Story service. Library Dial-A-Story allows kids in homes without smartphones or broadband to access library-provided content from a conventional mobile phone or landline.
The Library Dial-A-Story Content Developer will be responsible for:
- reviewing online archives of public domain children’s stories to find stories suitable for today.
- working with publishers to secure Library Dial-A-Story licensing for modern stories.
- producing audio recordings of stories and uploading them to our Library Dial-A-Story system.
- copy-editing story transcripts for our printable Library Dial-A-Story “Read-Along Guides.”
- surveying libraries to determine what children’s stories are most popular.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of US copyright law and the public domain
- Previous use of ANY website content management system (Drupal, WordPress, etc.) OR familiarity with basic HTML5/CSS3
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, phone, online chat, and video-conference with technical colleagues, translators, and other library staff
- Sensitivity to cultural and social issues in children’s fiction and society
- Familiarity with basic digital audio production (e.g., recording a voice memo on your phone)
- Familiarity with Librivox and/or The Internet Archive
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish
- This will be a part-time contractor (1099) position, working remotely from anywhere in the United States, for an estimated 6 to 10 hours per week.
- Meetings can be scheduled flexibly to accommodate any US time zone.
- Contractor will be responsible for providing their own computer, telephone, and Internet access.
- The Galecia Group is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit librarycall.com.