Part-time, hourly position. Number of hours per week will vary based on Branch/Department demand. Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings and weekends, in addition up to two weeks of “Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training” located at the Administrative Offices in Norman.
Performs high-level customer service to Pioneer Library System customers including reference, reader’s advisory, programming and outreach; has working knowledge in the operation of computers and standard office software products; performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years relevant experience
- Equivalent combination of technical training, education and/or experience may be considered
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understands and performs basic functions and tasks of common software programs and email applications
- Uses and helps others use basic computer hardware
- Thorough knowledge of library circulation practices and procedures as well as reader’s advisory and reference services and functions
- Skills in working with public, public speaking and conducting/assisting with various library programs for teens and adults
- Ability to gain thorough knowledge of Pioneer Library System policies and procedures
- Strong skills in written and spoken business communications
- Knowledge of electronic resources, including the internet and database information retrieval
- Working knowledge in the operation of computers, office machines and standard office software products
- Ability to deal with customers in a courteous and diplomatic manner
- Lift up to 25 lbs; ability to retrieve and replace items from floor level to at least 5 1/2 feet in height
- Work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends based on fluctuating branch/department demands
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.