Norman Public Library West
Provides high level customer service to Pioneer Library System customers including reference, reader’s advisory, programming, and outreach; experience with children and children’s programming preferred; has working knowledge in the operation of computers and standard office software products; performs other duties as assigned. This is a full time position, 40 hrs/wk. Must be available to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings and weekends, in addition up to two weeks of “Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training” located at the Administrative Offices in Norman. The starting base salary for this position is $36,480/yr.
- Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university;
- Three years relevant experience;
- Equivalent combination of technical training, education and/or experience may be considered;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understands and performs basic functions and tasks of common software programs and email applications;
- Uses and helps others use basic computer hardware;
- Thorough knowledge of library circulation practices and procedures, children’s books, child development and education techniques as well as reader’s advisory and reference services and functions;
- Skills in working with public, public speaking and conducting effective story times and other library programs;
- Ability to gain thorough knowledge of Pioneer Library System policies and procedures;
- Strong skills in written and spoken business communications;
- Knowledge of electronic resources, including the internet and database information retrieval;
- Working knowledge in the operation of computers and office machines and standard office software products;
- Ability to deal with customers in a courteous and diplomatic manner;
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.; retrieve and replace items from floor level to at least 5 1/2 feet in height;
- Work a flexible schedule which will include evenings and weekends based on fluctuating branch/department demands.
Applications accepted through February 15, 2021. Résumé alone is not sufficient; completed online application form is required. To apply for this position visit www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.