Maricopa County Library District
As the Library Administrator, you will serve as a member of the library’s management team, working towards developing and implementing all branch operations for the district’s eighteen libraries. We will count on you to partner with district departments to ensure consistency of
resources for frontline staff. Our staff celebrates our core values to inspire curiosity in our customers; to provide access; to listen; to deliver excellent customer experiences; to embrace change.
- The tasks listed are a representation and not an all-inclusive list of essential job tasks for this position.
- Oversees the overall operations of all branch libraries to meet community and district needs
- Oversees and coordinates the work of the Region Managers, including developing and monitoring budgets, performance evaluations, and managing library policies
- Works closely with Region Managers, Library Managers, and Supervisors to ensure appropriate staffing; interviews, hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates direct reports; may assist in the interviewing, hiring, training, and evaluating of other frontline customer service
- Travels to branch libraries regularly, ensuring knowledge of each operation and the needs of each unique community
- Addresses customer comments, concerns, and complaints within areas of responsibility
- Collaborates with Maricopa County departments to improve internal customer service and ensures district policies are aligned with County values
- Gathers and analyzes data for various internal and external reports concerning in-library use and activity; makes recommendations regarding resource allocation or service modifications based on data analysis
- Collaborates with all district departments and outside agencies to develop priorities that reflect the mission and vision of the district
- Participates in planning for new library openings, remodeling, and upgrading of existing facilities; serves on various district committees as needed
- Stays current on and follows all applicable Maricopa County Library District guidelines, policies, and procedures affecting this position; responds to workplace situations as appropriate within designated level and scope of authority
- Promotes our mission to provide access and services so residents’ experience and improved quality of life
- Aspires to meet the changing needs of our diverse and connected residents
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited school
- Five (5) years of professional library experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience OR combination of post-secondary education and/or job-related experience may substitute for the minimum qualifications on a year-for-year basis.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain an Arizona driver’s license by the time of hire
- Supervisory experience in a public library setting (preferred)
- Experience using Polaris or a similar content management system (preferred)
- Experience in a public library system that serves multiple branch locations (preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.