West Coast Medical Imaging and Nursing
Are you a Masters-prepared Librarian, looking for an opportunity to manage your own library? West Coast Ultrasound Institute, a private postsecondary school is looking for you! Our ideal candidate has earned an MLIS and has experience working with a mix of online and physical resources. Some key responsibilities include:
- Design and implement campus wide information literacy training to facilitate the successful completion of student research projects
- Provide students and faculty with reference services
- Develop and maintain a clear collection development policy designed to support the curriculum for the entire Learning Resource system
- Ensure students are knowledgeable about available resources through taking part in orientation and producing informative documentation.
- Manage and oversee Library Assistants and Work Study students throughout the Learning Resources System
- Provide the Campus Director with regular feedback relative to long term resource and facilities developments
***LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY, no relocation or commuter assistance is offered.
Job Requirements Qualifications: At minimum, the Librarian must possess a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science. Supervisory experience desired. Additionally, they must:
- Possess a sound knowledge and understanding of current developments in the field of Library and Information Science.
- Possess and demonstrate motivation, dedication and enthusiasm for teaching learners of diverse backgrounds.
- Be able to work independently, with little or no supervision.
- Be sensitive to the needs and requirements of adult learners and be able to inspire students to a high level of achievement.
- Possess strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Have strong technical skills, including all computer applications, internet research, database management, and analytical skills.
- Be professional in all aspects of the position including appearance, demeanor, and attitude and consistently display the highest levels of integrity.
- Have regular and reliable attendance.