Placentia Library District
This is a non-exempt professional position under the general direction of the Public Services Manager.
- Conducts specialized reference work using print and electronic formats at the one-point service desk.
- Prepares, plans, implements, and assesses programs, computer workshops, the collection, and other services for the adult community.
- Responsible for selecting and de-selecting books and other library materials for areas of the collection assigned by the Supervising Librarian.
- Assists in procuring, researching, writing, securing, and executing grants for the Library.
- Recommends policies for public services.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on purchases, repair or discard of books and other library materials in areas assigned by the
- Supervising Librarian or Public Services Manager.
- Conducts presentations and participates in outreach activities.
- May train and assist library assistants, volunteers and other staff assigned to Adult Services.
- Prepares, writes, and submits reports of activities as assigned.
Education and Experience Needed
Equivalent to a Master’s Degree in library and/or information science from a school accredited by the American Library Association. Grant-writing knowledge and/or experience preferred. Library experience is highly desirable.
The Placentia Library District provides health, hospital, vision, dental and disability insurance to eligible employees, including part-time 20-hour employees. The District participates in Social Security and Medicare. Upon achieving eligibility, employees will be enrolled in the District’s defined benefit retirement plan. The Placentia Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Applications are available online at www.placentialibrary.org and at Placentia Library District, 411 E. Chapman Avenue, Placentia, CA 92870. Candidates who submit the online application in lieu of the resume and cover letter will not be considered. This position closes at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 28, 2019. Interviews will be held the week of July 1, 2019.