The position of librarian will contribute to the ongoing development of the Casper College Library as an exemplary 21st-century college library. The librarian will be responsible for the provision of reference services, library instruction, outreach, collection development, and other related duties for the library.
The librarian helps students, faculty, and staff with finding and recommending source materials as well as determining what type of materials they need. The Librarian will be responsible for providing support to College students, faculty, staff, and patrons by providing traditional and electronic research services, instruction, and operational support services. The librarian will also instruct patrons on basic computer skills and educate them on how to use the library resources.
- Provide traditional and electronic reference and research services to Casper College students, faculty, staff, and patrons
- Support the library’s instruction program through the provision of instructional sessions that support the teaching of Casper College faculty
- Assist with outreach and communication of library services
- Be responsible for the collection development and management of one or more liaison subject areas. Included here are the selection and maintenance of traditional, current, and emerging formats (print and electronic) that support the educational mission of the college
- Depending on library needs, accept additional assignments relating to cataloging, electronic resource management, collection management/assessment, online reference, or any other assignments that support the library’s mission
- Work a schedule that includes nights and weekends
- Engage in creative, scholarly, or service activities appropriate for a community college librarian and stay current in the field of librarianship
- Help maintain the library’s partnerships including the Wyoming community college libraries, the Wyoming State Library, and the University of Wyoming at Casper
- Interact collegially with students, faculty, staff, community members, and other library constituents
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Administration or the Library Director
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution (or expected completion by July 1, 2021)
- A commitment to continued growth and ongoing professional development
- Competence in library and classroom technologies
- Coursework or experience in reference, instruction, and collection development.
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills
- College library experience is preferred but not required
- Application, completed with 3 references
- Current resume or curriculum vitae and cover letter
- A brief “Philosophy of Librarianship” statement
- Copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon employment)
The first review will take place on March 22, 2021. An instruction demonstration will be required at the time of the interview. Employment contingent upon a successful background check. This is a full-time, benefited position.
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net.