Cathedral City Library
The Librarian 1 – Children’s Services Coordinator is a senior level, full time position. This Librarian provides professional assistance for children’s and teen’s services to library patrons and staff, plans a variety of library programs, and is responsible for collection development. This position focuses on overseeing the children’s services section of the library and coordinating with other staff towards the implementing of children’s activities on a regular basis. The ideal candidate has a successful history of working with children of diverse backgrounds, including an understanding and joy of working with a large Spanish speaking demographic.
- Coordinates and executes a variety of programs and initiatives for the library
- Evaluates basic statistical data and prepares basic statistical reports and surveys for the library, LS&S management and other entities i.e. local government/customers
- Processes, creates and edits bibliographic and item records for the library catalog
- Maintains and updates the library social media presence and webpage and may support social media of other branches
- Provides reference and computer help to patrons
- Serves on committees and at times may serve as the chairperson for committees
- May handle opening and closing responsibilities; counting money, completing daily cash reports
- Be responsible for the collection management process
- Be a proficient reader’s advisor
- Know and understand the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library(ies).
- Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records.
- MLS or MLIS degree required
- One year librarian experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of online library databases and services
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills– both verbal and written
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, evenings and weekends
LS&S is an EOE; Veterans/Disability
Join Library Systems & Services (LS&S) and enjoy the flexibility, support, and values that come with being part of the nation’s third largest library network. In our unique company, you will find an abundance of opportunities and satisfaction as you:
* Join a caring community of people who love libraries
* Share insights with highly credible library professionals, many with MLS degrees
* Become a trusted partner to our libraries communities
* Effect positive change for libraries and library science
Being a library professional is a way of life – so we believe in making our employees’ lives as rewarding as possible. Some of the programs we offer our employees include:
* Loan Forgiveness Program for degreed MLS & MLIS employees
*Medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition reimbursement
* Short & long term disability coverage
*401K retirement plan
* Critical illness policy
* Dependent daycare plan
* Life insurance policies
LS&S is the premier and most respected provider of library management and data services to state and federal Government Agencies. We partner with our library clients to provide world class service and professional expertise; protecting their library investment. With a proven track record, we utilize a team approach – providing accountable, unique and responsive solutions to delight library users. With already over 80 locations across the United States, LS&S is on a rapid growth pattern with plans for expanding our business.
Human Resources Recruiter
2600 Tower Oaks Blvd., Suite #510, Rockville, MD 20852
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.