Website LAC Group
LAC Group is seeking an experienced Taxonomist/Metadata Librarian to work for a major Federal Museum in Washington, DC. The Librarian will assist in creating workflows for an established taxonomy across various systems in order to efficiently aggregate and display related content on the Museum’s website. This is a 4-month, part-time (20 hours a week; Monday to Friday) contract position. Due to COVID-19, this position will be remote. Candidates can be located anywhere in the USA. The hourly rate for this role is $30/hour.
- Ensure digital assets contain appropriate descriptive metadata, rights clearance, and credit information for online distribution
- Attend meetings that facilitate project communication as identified and approved by the
- Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR)
- Set up workflows to facilitate or automate the creation, ingestion, management, and distribution of information
- Establish and enforce institutional guidelines for asset and metadata management in the DAMS.
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited program
- 2+ years of practical experience in a museum or library, including database management, software administration, rights management, metadata standards and practices, file formatting, and data migration.
- Relevant experience in developing, managing, and stewarding digital collections in a museum, library, and/or archives environment.
- Knowledge of museum registration systems and digital asset management systems is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of rights management preferred.
- Knowledge of metadata standards for cultural objects and images, such as CDWA and VRA Core, and a general understanding of other metadata schemas such as Dublin Core, XML, MODS, etc.
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster a collegial work environment that encourages trust and innovation.
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing procedures and documentation.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team as well as independently.
- Solid computer skills and the ability to learn new software.
- Solid analytic skills to improve processes.
To apply for this job please visit lac.gp.