Website LAC Group
LAC Group is seeking a Research and Knowledge Manager for a prestigious law firm located in the Washington DC metro area. The Research and Knowledge Manager will be responsible for managing the DC Knowledge and Research staff, provide legal and corporate research expertise and guidance to attorneys and department professional staff, analyze legal, corporate and general resources, and work with Knowledge Strategy Counsel to develop and maintain selected practice area databases and websites. This is a full-time benefitted position that will be an onsite position.
- Manage the DC R&K professional staff, both in the office and remotely.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Global Tax Group R&K Manager to establish long-term professional development goals for the DC research staff.
- Work independently and with the Knowledge Strategy (KS) team and selected practice areas to choose, collect, organize, maintain, and update content for practice pages.
- Work with the NY Digital Trainer to design and implement orientation and training programs and videos for attorneys and department professional staff.
- Forecast financial and budget requirements for the DC research group and prepares related reports for the Sr. Global Tax Group R&K Manager.
- Assist with evaluating new and updated versions of information resources, both online and print, and recommends beneficial, cost-effective resources for the firm.
- Participate in the interviewing, selection and training process.
- Monitor time, attendance, overtime, and expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with firm policies.
- Use workflow software for the distribution and recording of R&K requests.
- Provide on-call assistance to weekend department professional staff when necessary.
- Recommend guidelines and practices to promote efficiency, effectiveness, excellent customer service and improved employee relations, in alignment with the firm’s Core Values.
- Develop and communicates departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Along with other department Managers, engage in department strategic planning with the Associate Director.
- At least 3+ years of library research management experience in a law firm environment or similar is strongly preferred. At least 4 years of experience as a senior law or research librarian is required.
- Demonstrated experience managing budgets and direct reports.
- An MLIS from an accredited university is required.
- Strong knowledge of research tools including Lexis, WestLaw, Bloomberg Law, Cheetah, etc. is required.
- Experience with Knowledge Management, legal research, reference and web page authoring is required.
To apply for this job please visit lac.gp.