LAC Group seeks Library Technicians to support a library for a well-known governmental agency located in Arlington, VA. The Technicians will assist Librarians with conducting a physical inventory of the library collection and update library catalog records and other metadata files. Other duties will include shelf-reading, collection maintenance, preparing print materials for digitization, scanning materials, and data entry. Materials include traditional library materials, both print and digital, as well as agency publications and archival materials. Both full-time and part-time positions are available. Travel to other agency locations in the Washington, D.C. Metro area may be required. Full-time positions are fully benefited. Candidates must be able to pass a background investigation. Active or recently completed background investigation strongly preferred.
- Data entry to update library catalog and other metadata records
- Shelf-reading and assisting with inventory of library collections
- Preparing materials for digitization
- Digitization of library materials
- Creating and updating patron records
- Previous clerical experience (library experience preferred)
- Possess basic computer skills (MS Office, Spreadsheets and Email)
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving ability
To apply for this job please visit www.libgig.com.