LAC Group seeks a Librarian II to join a contract supporting a well-known governmental organization focused on international development located in Washington, D.C. The Librarian provides reference and research services, using library resources and specialized databases. They perform original and copy cataloging, maintain the ILS, maintain the library’s website, support library outreach and promotions, and perform other projects as assigned. This is a four-month assignment, and will be performed remotely due to COVID restrictions
- Respond to reference questions both virtually and at the reference desk using a wide variety of databases (eg Factiva, EBSCO, Dun &
- Bradstreet, World Bank e-Library,LexisNexis and others).
- Prepares in-depth research on special topics
- Engage actively with technical developments in library software, technology and platform developments
- Manage collection development and maintenance.
- Help maintain electronic resources and Library supported web sites.
- Train clients and staff on effective search techniques for library e-resources.
- Perform copy cataloging using recognized standards.
- Assist with projects as needed: software implementation, needs assessments, database launches, strategic planning exercises, and special events.
- Stay abreast of the information needs and trends within the areas of foreign assistance and economic development
- Contribute to all aspects of the library, including maintenance of the integrated library system (ILS), cataloging and processing materials, interlibrary loan operations, and collection development.
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA‑accredited library science program.
Three years of library experience.
- Experience with providing ready and in-depth reference. Preferred: familiarity with LexisNexis, Factiva, business and international databases
- Experience with the Springshare Suite.
- Strong knowledge of library information technologies, including internet and online database searching, e-journal and discovery platforms (EDS a plus), ILS platforms (SirsiDynix a plus)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite applications.
- Experience with library and journal usage statistics preferred.
- Experience with copy cataloging and authority control.
- Experience using the OCLC system and Connexion.
- Willingness to learn new things and problem solve independently.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Secret clearance a plus.
- Knowledge of international development and foreign assistance programs and familiarity with print materials, e-resources and websites in the international development field a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.libgig.com.