Website LAC Group
LAC Group seeks a Librarian II to join a contract supporting a well-known governmental organization focused on international development located in Washington, D.C. The Librarian provides virtual and in-person reference services, performs original and copy cataloging, performs interlibrary loan, and helps maintain the ILS. They also support library outreach and promotions, and train users on search techniques. This is a full-time position with benefits.
- Respond to reference questions both virtually and at the reference desk using a wide variety of databases (eg Factiva, EBSCO, Dun & Bradstreet, World Bank e-Library,LexisNexis and others).
- Contribute to all aspects of the library, including maintenance of the integrated library system (ILS), cataloging and processing materials, interlibrary loan operations, and collection development.
- Manage collection development and maintenance.
- Help maintain electronic resources and Library supported web sites.
- Train clients and staff on effective search techniques for library e-resources.
- Perform copy cataloging using recognized standards.
- Assist with projects as needed: software implementation, needs assessments, database launches, strategic planning exercises, and special events.
- Stay abreast of the information needs and trends within the areas of foreign assistance and economic development, as well as trends in library and information science and related technology.
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA‑accredited library science program.
- Three years of library experience
- Experience with providing ready and in-depth reference.
- Experience with copy cataloging and authority control. Experience with original cataloging a plus.
- Familiarity with MARC, LC Subject Headings, LC Classification Schedules, and AACR2
- Experience using the OCLC system and Connexion.
- Knowledge of the Springshare suite.
- Knowledge of information technologies, including internet and online database. searching, library systems software, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Suite.
- Experience with usage statistics preferred.
- Strong attention to detail. Excellent ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong public/customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others to achieve project goals.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Knowledge of international development and foreign assistance programs and familiarity with print materials, e-resources and websites in the international development field a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www.libgig.com.