Website LAC Group
LAC Group seeks a Digital Archivist to support a major Federal Museum in Washington, DC. The selected individual will support the museum in appraising and preparing digital records for preservation and access, to ingest records into one or more online asset management systems, and to remove selected items from the collection. This is a full-time, permanent (40 hours a week; Monday to Friday) benefitted contract position. This is a virtual position that can be located anywhere in the USA.
- Create file system inventories, eliminate duplicate material, rename files, migrate files to standard preservation and access formats, and verify fixity
- Assign metadata to born-digital and digital surrogate archival records, including audiovisual, still image, and textual digital assets using metadata schemes selected by the museum
- Review media assets and digital collections for legal, ethical, and policy restrictions
- Prepare appraised and selected digital assets for import into online asset management systems
- Manage ingested assets and metadata online asset management systems
- Update digital archiving workflow and records retention schedule documentation if necessary
- Work within the established standards for digital asset and digital content management
- Attend all team meetings that facilitate project communication, progress, or directly affects the assigned tasks
- Appraise records in consultation with museum staff
- Demonstrated technical experience with digital asset management principles, practices, and standards
- Understanding and specialized experience with software for asset management tasks including creating file system inventories, maintaining data within spreadsheets, renaming files, migrating file formats, transcoding video, embedding metadata, and running fixity checks
- Experience working with Adobe Bridge, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier, BWF Metaedit, Foxit PhantomPDF, Microsoft Office suite, and The National Archives’ Digital Record Object Identification tool (DROID).
- Be a self-motivated employee, able to work independently, and meet measurable goals and time frames
- Master’s Degree in related field preferred but not required
- Ability to complete a background check
To apply for this job please visit lac.gp.