Website LAC Group
LAC Group is searching for a Temporary Library Administrative Assistant for a public library in the San Gabriel Valley/Covina area. The Library Admin will be responsible for supporting the department including performing clerical/secretarial duties and transcribing library board meeting minutes. This position can be full-time (30-40 hours per week) or part-time (at least 20 hours per week).
- Provides direct secretarial support to the Library Director including maintaining calendar of appointments, receiving visitors, correspondence with internal staff, public and City staff and transcribing notes.
- Establishing and maintaining files on departmental activities and personnel, researching files to obtain information requested by departmental staff.
- Prepare agenda, attend, take and transcribe minutes of commission/committee/board meetings and prepare staff reports.
- Maintain department expense journals, prepare invoices, handle petty cash and order supplies.
- A high school diploma is required. A degree from a 2 or 4-year college/university program is preferred.
- Must have previous experience working directly with confidential personnel records preferably in a government, academic, non-profit or corporate environment.
- Experience with preparing meeting minutes and government/public meeting board packet preparation is highly desirable.
To apply for this job please visit lac.gp.