You are a highly connected archivist or librarian looking for a new opportunity to influence the progress of technology solutions available within higher education. As the expert in the use and procurement of software services for Higher Education Libraries and Archives, you will define and implement plans to enable growth in users, engagement and sales. You will collaborate with Product Management, Marketing and Sales teams to provide proof points and guidance which contribute to delivering Preservica’s business goals for the Starter product and the wider digital preservation product portfolio.
This position has an attractive salary and company bonus with negotiable and flexible working hours. Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, flexible and open vacation are included. This position requires individuals to work from home.
As the face of Preservica within the Higher Education Libraries and Archives sector, you will bring real-life experience to your user and customer interactions, identifying gaps and opportunities for Preservica to better promote and support the jobs, workflows and motivations of archivists and librarians. You will use your experience to position Preservica as the “go-to” solution for long-term digital preservation, contributing to messaging, content creation, communications, events, briefings and webinars which focus on real-world user value.
Your experience will guide the Marketing, Sales and Product teams to ensure Preservica targets the right decision makers and stakeholders, simplifies the procurement and introduction of new software, communicating value and best-practices for successful outcomes. Leveraging your network and knowledge, you will identify community outreach opportunities and engage with major library and archives associations to drive new Starter user uptake and enable greater awareness of Preservica’s portfolio of products. By facilitating collaboration with new user communities, beta users and stakeholders you will interpret feedback to unearth actionable opportunities, value-gaps and functional requirements.
- 5-10+ years working within a higher-education library or archive as archivist or librarian working with digital assets.
- Knowledge and use of one or more archival, library, collection management, discovery or cataloguing solutions such as ContentDM, DSpace, Islandora, ArchiveSpace, Alma, Primo, Rosetta, EBSCO IS.
- Familiarity with procurement processes, funding bodies and budget lifecycles.
- Experience defining and executing workflows to support the wider faculty, organization and collections management.
- Recognition by your peers through conference speaking events, community leadership or association/forum/interest group participation.
- Knowledge of the wider archives and libraries technology ecosystem, latest trends and best practices.
- Proficiency in metadata management and curation.
- Experience of long-term archiving and digital preservation concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, able to write and speak with clarity.
- Digital archival or library qualification (eg MLIS/MSIS), or proven depth of experience.
- Takes initiative, has high energy and drive, is collaborative, and is focused on delivering results
- Tech-savvy, learns quickly, highly organized and pragmatic.
Please send your CV with details of your current package and aspirations to our Recruitment team at – firstname.lastname@example.org – stating the role in the subject line. If you would like further information or to discuss the role in person, please contact Mark Compton at – email@example.com or call 01235 428946.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org