LAC Group seeks a bright and dynamic Library Assistant for a full-time position located in Washington, D.C. The Library Assistant is responsible for performing various duties in support of the research and library services function for our client, a top consulting firm. This is an excellent position for a new graduate or someone looking to build upon and grow skills in the areas of research and library services. This is a full-time, benefitted position with the possibility to eventually work directly for the client. Due to COVID-19 concerns, this position is currently a remote role, but will return to work from the office once it has been decided it is safe to return.
- Promptly responds to routine research requests, including requests for academic articles, legal cases and dockets, analyst reports, and company financials, using Bloomberg, Capital IQ, S&P Global Market Intelligence, LexisNexis, Westlaw, and other databases.
- Under supervision of Sr. Manager, orders books and articles as needed
- Works with research teammates and/or client services staff to complete research assignments to support requests that range from brief to extensive
- Helps organize library materials. Catalogs books using Library of Congress cataloging.
- Keeps bookshelves organized and maintains book check out and return system. Locates missing books
- Indexes articles and book chapters using SharePoint database (eLibrary)
- Manages passwords. Maintains spreadsheet of users and passwords. Contacts database vendors to add and deletes users
- Tracks usage. Collects and organizes information on questions asked (FreshService) and databases used. Supports Sr. Manager in creation of an annual report
- Assists with budget preparation and cost tracking
- Supports Sr. Manager of Library Services in meetings and trainings; takes and organizes notes. Tracks follow-up
- Prepares and organizes clear, concise, and logically written emails and memos in response to requests
- Conducts copyright review using the Copyright Clearance Center resource
- Supports citation management: puts resources in correct citations formats
- Under Sr. Manager’s supervision, assists Client Services as needed to review documents. Extracts and synthesizes information from documents
- Reports to work on a regular basis and is available for occasional after-hours emergency calls and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Understanding of Library of Congress call number system
- Experience working in a library, professional services firm, or a law firm is a plus
- Prior experience performing research using tools such as Bloomberg, Capital IQ, LexisNexis, Global Market Intelligence, Westlaw and other relative databases
- Ability to follow directions and ask appropriate questions for clarification
- Ability to handle short deadlines, work well under pressure, and prioritize multiple tasks
- Interest in developing research skills
- Must be thorough and detail-oriented
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including writing skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to function well in a dynamic client services environment
- Ability to comprehend complex assignments with guidance
- Ability to be resourceful and creative in approaching work-related challenges
- Must be able to work well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
To apply for this job please visit lac.gp.