Website University of Colorado-Boulder
The University of Colorado Libraries encourages applications for an Interlibrary Loan Lending Technician! This position is responsible for the processing of daily ILL Lending requests and “scan and deliver” document delivery services for the CU Boulder Libraries. In conjunction with the Interlibrary Loan Lending Manager, this position takes an active role in ensuring that requests are being processed and fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner. Requests processed by this position include “scan and deliver” document delivery services and lending to national and international libraries according to contractual obligations. This position also supervises student assistants engaged in document delivery and interlibrary loan lending tasks, and monitors the physical movement of library materials being lent to other libraries. This position may also be required to participate in various other resource sharing activities depending on the needs of the team.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment.
- Processes and fulfills ILL Lending requests and “Scan and Deliver” requests in a timely manner with attention to detail and accuracy. This includes monitoring incoming requests, verifying articles are being downloaded or scanned accurately and sent, and materials are being retrieved, processed efficiently and accurately and supplied to our CU Boulder patrons or shipped to other national and international libraries.
- Performs searching and scanning, or downloading of articles to fulfill RAPID article requests; searches for unfound RAPID article and other article requests and cancels them as necessary.
- Ensures the timely and accurate delivery of all print ILL Lending and Document Delivery requests for materials held at the PASCAL Offsite Storage Facility and request for materials held at the on campus branch libraries. This requires daily monitoring of these requests and following up with the various locations with effective and positive interactions.
- Assists the section with various resource-sharing services.
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Must be a Colorado resident.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to advocate for a culture of diversity, inclusiveness, and respect.
- Experience working in interlibrary loans. (preferred)
- Experience using ILLiad software. (preferred)
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume that includes date ranges and whether the position was full-time or part-time.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.colorado.edu.