Website St. Joseph County Public Library
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years experience working with SQL and APIs.
- Systems Administrator experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills.
- Public service orientation and commitment to excellent and genuine customer service.
- Demonstration of character and integrity in all situations while upholding SJCPL’s ethical standards.
- Manage, install and troubleshoot: personal computers and their operating systems (MAC and Windows OS), servers and server operating systems (Windows and/or Linux), backup technology, computer networks, LAN/WANs, wireless internet, and computer programming languages.
- Experience developing and maintaining scripts to automate tasks. Demonstrated experience developing custom SQL queries and reports. Experience using APIs to update databases.
- Demonstrated understanding of Library ILS systems, bibliographic record structures, and core library operations.
- Plan and prioritize. Make decisions and work independently and interdependently.
- Accept and manage change. Maintain composure and overcome stress in any situation.
- Identify efficiencies and implement improvements in workflow.
- Display high standards of ethical conduct, honesty, and integrity.
- Be enthusiastic, creative, flexible, energetic, value diversity, and possess a sense of humor.
- Problem solve in a professional manner.
- Form and maintain excellent working relationships with library staff at all levels.
- Manage confidential information appropriately.
- Train and assist others in use of equipment, software, and related items.
- Sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods of time
- Be accurate and pay attention to details.
- Provides technical oversight, maintenance, and analysis for the system’s ILS and supporting products. Under the direct supervision of the Technical Services Manager, and with an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, the ILS System Administrator will:
- Develop scripts and queries for data loads, extractions, and display of patron, item, transaction, and bibliographic record data. Monitor scripts and troubleshoot issues with Library data. Provide technical support and strategy to outside consultants regarding data.
- Customize and configure the discovery layer and other public catalog interfaces and integrations.
- Develop and administer in-house databases.
- Control permissions, database access, and security; implement connections and integrations to third-party systems and APIs.
- Identify and resolve problems with integrated library system software and integrated products, working with the software vendors when necessary. Responsible for leading the evaluation of new products and making purchasing/renewal recommendations.
- Act as the system administrator of the ILS servers. Develop and implement maintenance procedures and daily runtime procedures. Assist the Database Librarian with database maintenance duties.
- Provide expertise and support to the Information Technology department for the library’s networked environment.
- Maintain a variety of monthly database-derived statistics for use by Senior Leadership in decision making.
- Create, maintain, and enforce SJCPL’s digital privacy policies.
- Write detailed documentation of procedures and report functionality.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job please visit jobs.laimoon.com.