Northeastern State University
This librarian will serve as the liaison for the College of Business & Technology and the Department of Music.
- Serve as resource coordinator and liaison to assigned academic programs, department, and colleges;
- Provide specialized reference assistance to researchers;
- Provide in-person and virtual on-call reference assistance on a rotating schedule;
- Design library guides and finding aids;
- Provide library instruction for general education courses and in assigned academic disciplines;
- Evaluates library collection needs in liaison areas, articulates criteria for deaccessioning, and pulls items for weeding;
- Select monographs and databases for purchase in support of assigned programs; and
- Participate on faculty committees as assigned; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Science Library Science (MSLS), MA in Library Science (MA), or Master of Library Science (MLS). Must be accredited by the American Library Association.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the use of specialized bibliographic databases and reference sources.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred.
To apply for this job please visit joblist.ala.org.