University of Mary Welder Library
The University of Mary in Bismarck, ND currently has an opening in the Welder Library to serve as an Instructional Services/Interlibrary Loan Librarian. This position oversees information literacy services including instructing the university community across a variety of learning modalities and developing instructional materials. This position is also responsible for managing the Interlibrary Loan services. Additional duties include providing outreach and reference services.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Designs instructional materials for a variety of learning modalities including creating library research guides (LibGuides) for faculty and students
- Staffs the circulation desk by providing reference service. This includes working unsupervised one evening per week and approximately one weekend per month when classes are in session
- Manages Interlibrary Loan services to provide additional library resources to the university community
- Provides information literacy instruction for students, faculty, and staff
- Assists with in-person and online outreach services
- Required: Master of Information Studies (MIS) or Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) (or equivalent) from an American Library Association regionally accredited institution with three years professional experience in an academic library.
- Experience in instruction, reference services, and use of a learning management system are desirable
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Academic Affairs and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with library, campus and community members with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects and establish priorities among competing demands and to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Ability to conduct research and develop solutions to assigned administrative problems
- Ability to produce clear written documentation for different types of audiences.
- Ability to speak persuasively and confidently to large and diverse audiences.
- Self-motivated with exceptional service orientation and high ethical standards
- Ability to manage data, documents, and other information locally and via online networks
How to Apply
Please apply here at Umary.edu. Review of application materials will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled. The University of Mary is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit universityofmary.applytojob.com.