Inglewood Public Library
Inglewood Public Library is seeking motivated and enthusiastic library/information science students or recent graduates to join our innovative team. Inglewood Library is a destination place for practical public library experience. For those who are driven by a strong customer service ethic with a desire to provide the best information, technology, literacy, and programming, this is the place for you. If you’re ready to dive into all aspects of public library service, we are ready to assist you in gaining marketable workplace skills. Depending on your interests and our needs, interns will have various opportunities to develop valuable hands-on real world work experience in areas of children’s, teens, adults and the latest in library technology. In addition, there will be assigned projects that benefit the community, library and intern.
- Performs professional library work under the supervision of a librarian.
- Assist in providing library reference services by phone, email and in-person by locating information, materials and documents utilizing appropriate technology and resources.
- Assist library staff in activities designed to increase interest in library services.
- Hands-on training to deliver reference and reader’s advisory services in a wide variety of situations.
- Assist, observe and shadow professional staff with the planning, coordinating and implementing of library programs/activities for a variety of age groups and learning needs via live and virtual delivery. (Children’s, teen, adults, seniors, special needs, etc.)
- Participate with librarians to conduct outreach visits to promote and deliver library services to school district, community partners and local organizations as well as participate in community events.
- Communicate, interact and participate in a team environment conducive to consistent and professional delivery of services both onsite and off-site.
- Assist library patrons with computers, library catalog, online databases, e-readers and other technical help.
- Assist in the creation of promotional and marketing material.
- Other projects as designed/proposed by YOU–we will work with you to ensure skillsets, desired pathways and library needs are merged to enhance individual internship value.
- Current enrollment in a Master’s of Library Science program by the American Library Association. At the time of appointment to this position, the candidate must be enrolled in a Library internship class.
- Bilingual speaking, writing and reading in Spanish. (preferred)
This is a paid internship ranging from $18.00 – $24.00 per hour. To apply for this position, please contact Kerri Arroyo at (310) 412-5397 or email@example.com. Additional contacts are Linda Silba firstname.lastname@example.org / (310) 412-5649 or Angela Citizen at email@example.com (310) 412-5603.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org