Working title: Information Analyst
Information/Data Management Support
Contract, through end of FY20 (June 30), with possibility of renewal
Hourly Pay: $20-25 (based on experience)
Job Summary: The UCLA Sustainable LA Grand Challenge (SLA GC) is a campus-wide initiative that coordinates research, education and expertise around advancing urban sustainability goals in Los Angeles county and beyond. The goal of the initiative is to make Los Angeles the most sustainable megacity by 2050. SLA GC is looking for an Information Analyst to evaluate the current information and data that has been produced through the program, now in its 7th year, and develop a comprehensive management system that will enable the SLA GC team to access, share, and strategically apply the information and data to collaboratively and strategically further programmatic objectives.
The successful candidate must be an organized, self-motivated individual that can work independently and also within a team. The position requires attention to detail, skill and interest in organizing, managing and relating information and documents across multiple platforms, including Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Airtable, and Box. The ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, exercise good judgement, and to persist in researching and developing novel solutions to work across platforms is critical to meet the needs of this role.
- Excellent organizational, multitasking and problem-solving skills to coordinate projects and activities that include creating ideas and designing processes for handling and organizing information, from concept through completion.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, efficiently and independently, following through on assignments with minimal direction and supervision, with the ability to make independent judgments and/or decisions and to discern when action of a higher level is required.
- Skill in communicating (verbally, electronically, written form) to collaborate effectively in a remote environment.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, and Box. Working knowledge of Airtable, with an enthusiasm towards rapidly becoming proficient.
- Ability to architect relationships between informational content in a relational database format (e.g., Airtable), and likewise, convert working documents into appropriate content and import into database.
- Confidence in working with highly technical content and deciphering relevant terms to categorize and relate information.
- Excellent organizational and information management skills to be able to establish and maintain effective collection and management of information regarding engagement with donors, external stakeholders, faculty, staff, students, campus units, the public, as well as manage all internal working documents of SLA GC.
- Ability to answer questions, solve problems and make sound recommendations by gathering data and conducting analyses requiring knowledge of the Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, Airtable and Box capabilities, as well as a functional familiarity with the content SLA GC houses on these platforms.
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changes as the program evolves and effectively adapt to changes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
For more information, or to apply, please email Jennifer Craer (Assistant Director of Research Development for the Sustainable LA Grand Challenge) at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org