Website Holy Names University
Holy Names University Cushing Library seeks a creative, dynamic, team-oriented individual to lead the Library’s Information Literacy initiatives and develop learning outcomes and assessment practices related to instruction. Primary responsibilities include energetically leading information literacy services, providing research assistance, and conducting instructional workshops. Some evening and weekend work is required. This is a full-time, 12-month position.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Lead, develop, guide, and evaluate the planning, implementation, and assessment of all information literacy and instruction activities.
- Collaborate with faculty and librarian liaisons to develop, customize, and integrate library instructional modules into courses using the university’s Learning Management System (Canvas).
- Lead the development and assessment of broad-based library instruction materials utilized by faculty.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend technologies essential to the design and delivery of in-person and online instructional services.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging trends, best practices, and pedagogical principles, including but not limited to the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education.
- Develop, maintain, and report/disseminate statistical and other information related to the library’s instructional activities.
- Coordinate and oversee any necessary training for use of instructional facilities and equipment.
- Oversee Research Desk onboarding, training, and scheduling.
- Provide specialized research assistance to students, faculty, and visiting scholars, both on-site and remotely.
- Establish information literacy goals and strategies, and promote instructional offerings.
- Produce and manage web-based resource guides and similar tools for supporting information literacy and research services.
- Maintain awareness of best practices and trends in library information literacy and instruction.
- Serve as a library liaison to one or more academic units providing customized services.
- Actively evaluate assigned collection areas to determine quality, currency, and relevance; make removal and purchasing recommendations.
- Participate in marketing and outreach efforts of the library by coordinating orientation efforts, promotional events, and other activities.
- Actively engage in scholarly and professional activities with campus, local, and national committees, and organizations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- An ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library Science.
- Two years’ experience or equivalent preferably in an academic library.
- Experience in coordinating information literacy initiatives and overseeing Reference/Research services.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, SpringShare, Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia Studio, or similar e-learning software.
- Familiarity with instructional design models and learning theories.
- Working knowledge of web-based technology such as CSS, HTML, and related software.
- Experience in the provision of reference and instructional services.
- Knowledge of copyright, permissions, and appropriate attribution of licensed materials.
Visit the Holy Names University employment page for full details of the position. The review of applications will begin immediately. For consideration, applicants should submit a Holy Names University staff employment application, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com.
*We are unable to offer remote work outside of the state of California.