Goulston & Storrs
Reporting to the Manager of Research Services, and working as a member of the Knowledge Services team, the Competitive Intelligence (CI) Analyst is responsible for providing timely, actionable research in support of strategic initiatives and various ad hoc analyses and projects. This position is highly collaborative with the Knowledge Services team, business operations teams, and practice groups. The CI Analyst participates in Knowledge Services’ outreach to stakeholders by monitoring and proactively delivering news and intelligence. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and research skills, and will be adept at multitasking and prioritizing work.
- Provides in-depth research and analysis in support of the firm’s strategic growth work.
- Synthesizes data and information into succinct deliverables.
- Provides expert research services for the firm’s attorneys and professional staff in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all research and knowledge resources; develops and maintains proficiency using electronic resources and databases in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Research Services, implements and maintains news, litigation, and current awareness monitoring.
- In conjunction with the Knowledge Services team, participates in the identification, development, evaluation, and implementation of research and intelligence resources.
- Markets research services and current awareness tools to stakeholders in cooperation with members of the Knowledge Services team.
- Continues to develop skills, knowledge and ability to improve processes and procedures and to keep updated on trends and developments in the industry.
- All other duties as assigned or required.
- 3-5 years legal or competitive intelligence research experience / knowledge management in a law firm, law school or professional services setting.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MS in Library Science, MS in Information Science, or JD preferred.
- Strong analytical and research skills with the ability to analyze problems logically and methodically and to absorb and synthesize large amounts of information into practical intelligence.
- Ability to independently assess stakeholder needs and to develop responsive solutions.
- Dexterity in prioritizing work, multitasking and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collegially in a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating team environment with a strong commitment to service.
- Expertise in utilizing various legal and business electronic platforms such as Westlaw, PACER, Cheetah, among others.
- After orientation, exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, NetDocs, and other firm applications and software.
Goulston & Storrs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, handicap, disability or veteran status in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, Goulston & Storrs complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.goulstonstorrs.com.