Website Goulston and Stourrs
Reporting to the Manager of Research Services, and working as a member of the Knowledge Services team, the Research Analyst responds to requests for research, document delivery, and inter-library loans. In addition, the analyst supports access to Knowledge Services resources through the management and maintenance of the department’s systems and records. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, organization, and communication skills, and will be adept at multitasking and prioritizing work.
- Provides research services, document delivery, and inter-library loans for the firm’s attorneys and staff in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner
- Works collaboratively with Knowledge Services team to manage requests and provide excellent customer service
- Maintains a working knowledge of all research and knowledge resources; develops and maintains proficiency using electronic resources and databases in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- In conjunction with the Manager of Research Services, implements and maintains news, litigation, and current awareness monitoring.
- Assists in the management of research resources regardless of format, to ensure access and findability
- Maintains the collection, including the administration of resource management systems
- In conjunction with the Knowledge Services team, participates in the identification, development, evaluation, and implementation of research and intelligence resources.
- Markets research services and current awareness tools through orientations and promotional efforts in cooperation with members of the Knowledge Services team
- Continues to develop skills, knowledge and ability to improve processes and procedures and to keep updated on trends and developments in the industry
- 1-2 years’ experience in an academic or professional services setting
- Bachelor’s degree required. MS in Library Science, MS in Information Science, or JD preferred.
- Strong analytical and research skills with the ability to respond to research requests with appropriate, timely, and accurate research products
- Ability to independently assess patron needs and to develop responsive solutions
- Ability to prioritize work, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collegially in a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating team environment with a strong commitment to service
- Expertise in utilizing various legal and business electronic platforms such as CapitalIQ, Westlaw, PACER, Cheetah, among others
- After orientation, exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, NetDocs, and other firm applications and software
For more information: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.goulstonstorrs.com.