The Digital Asset Manager will primarily be responsible for managing all photo/video assets across all verticals used on all Goop owned + operated channels. The work will include organizing all historical imagery, building out/maintaining DAM tools/software, and acting as the point-person for all final creative deliverables across the company. The role also includes external partnership with vendors/agencies and liaising with key stakeholders to ensure optimum efficiency remains top-of-mind. This position reports directly to the Creative team’s Director, Creative Production, but will collaborate closely with Director, Video and other cross-functional team members at all levels and departments within the larger org, including IT, Legal, and Finance.
- Own all processes pertaining to image usage and tracking for all assets
- Serve as lead project manager for digital asset management system build-out and use, working closely with IT, external vendor(s), and cross-functional team members (includes training/onboarding new users to the DAM system and assist with any questions from existing users)
- Organize/manage entire final asset delivery pipeline from retouching/editing to uploading/distributing, while updating internal system(s) with any status updates as needed
- Track product integration across all content and assist in upload optimization both on YT and O+O
- Create/maintain an archive and tracking system and pull historical images/data to updated tracker, confirming all information (usage rights, etc.) is current and accurate
- Oversee all metadata standards, ensuring all assets are tagged accordingly
- Manage all incoming vendor assets, ensuring images meet quality standards before passing on to retouching
- Provide freelancers with necessary access to upload content for retouching/editing workflow
- Work with all cross-functional teams for any image usage rights requests, making sure all requests are vetted through creative team to ensure proper usage and ensure any images with expiring usage rights are removed
- Partner with Legal team in supplying any needed documentation or communication regarding image usage rights
- 5+ years of experience in a similar function
- Experience with DAM tools, migration, and consolidation (metadata input, organizing large amounts of files, file naming conventions, and database reporting)
- Strong project management and communication skills (experience in working closely with non-technical team members)
- Ability to work efficiently against tight deadlines and lead process improvements and operational implementation/execution
- Highly organized, solution-focused, and a self-starter—can also work in cross-functional situations, ensuring all others teams’ needs and deadlines are met
- Must be comfortable in a front-facing role and representing the company in partnerships with external vendors
- Understanding of, and appreciation for the goop sensibility, brand, aesthetic, and mission.
- Desire to work in a start-up environment and wear many hats with a “do whatever it takes” attitude
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.