Website Florence-Lauderdale Public Library
The Florence-Lauderdale Public Library Board of Directors seeks creative and engaged candidates for the position of Executive Director of the Library. The ideal candidate will provide leadership that puts patrons first by delivering innovative services for the community and by equipping the staff with the tools and support to provide those services. The Library is well-supported by a population of roughly 90,000 county residents in a 40,000 sq. ft. building with a dedicated staff (13 full-time and 10 part-time) and a budget of approximately $1.3 million. Funding is provided primarily by the city and county along with the generous support of the Library Foundation and the Friends of the Library group. The Florence-Lauderdale Public Library Executive Director has traditionally played a high-profile role in the community, and the position offers opportunities to represent the Library in many social contexts and before a variety of stakeholders. The starting salary range is $75,000 – $85,000 depending on qualifications. A competitive benefits package is included. Starting date is negotiable.
- Developing a strategic plan that includes both short-term and long-term goals for Library operations
- Preparing and presenting the Library’s budget proposal and monitoring and approving expenditures
- Guiding management staff in planning for services that meet the present and future needs of the community
- Hiring and supervising Library staff
- Identifying new revenue streams for the Library
- Interacting regularly with local government representatives and community leaders.
- Three years of experience in library management and operations or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- A Master’s Degree in Library Science from an accredited institution, public library experience, and experience as a director reporting to a governing board is preferred.
- The Board strongly prefers that the successful candidate be or become a resident of the Florence-Muscle Shoals Metropolitan Statistical Area.
For more information, contact Bradbury Miller Associates. To start the application process, send a cover letter and resume as Word or PDF attachments to Brian C. Hare (email@example.com). This position will close July 18, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org