North Logan Public Library
Under the direction of the Library Director, the Events Coordinator and Technology Librarian is primarily responsible for events, programs, and technology that directly serve the public. This position will serve all areas of library work, including reference and collection development (purchasing items for the library), with a special emphasis on programs and technology. The Librarian will also play a key part in establishing policies and setting goals for the library.
- Planning events and programs for the library. Events include programs for Teens, lectures, workshops for adults, and other regularly held community events. Summer Reading programs are also an important aspect of this position.
- Visiting local businesses, organizations, and schools to secure partnerships and help promote events.
- Using social media and other media outlets to promote library events and programs.
- Learning and implementing new technologies. Managing the library computer labs, staff computers, and patron makerspace.
- Ensuring that all computers are up to date with the latest library technologies. (Library technologies are unique, but a computer minded person should be able to learn them on the job.)
- Directly overseeing computer labs for youth and children to make sure they are safe, secure, up to date, and fun!
- Librarian is involved with local and state level consortiums, and associations, and attends conferences and workshops regularly.
- Librarian also works with employees of the City of North Logan and is expected to attend city-wide meetings and trainings. The librarian should maintain a positive and strong working relationship with other city employees.
- The Librarian will be required to work evenings and weekends, especially for library events and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree. Demonstrated ability to meet the needs of this position.
- A Master’s degree in Library Science is preferred, but not required.
- Must be adaptable to changing work hours.
- Lifting books of all sizes, pushing book carts, lifting computer hardware, setting up chairs and canopies for events, and other library related tasks as necessary.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals to perform these essential functions.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Karen@northlogancity.org by May 14, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to Karen@northlogancity.org