East Los Angeles College
Internships are limited to MLIS students currently enrolled in ALA accredited programs. We are currently only accepting applications for Spring 2022. Interns are expected to complete 100-120 hours over the course of their internship with the bulk of the internship hours scheduled Monday-Thursday from 8 am – 5 pm.
ELAC Library Internships will vary from person-to-person and semester-to-semester. Below is an outline of what the internships can include:
- Help students with information and technology needs at the research help desk
- Guide students to appropriate information resources both on- and off-campus
- Teach students how to use various information technologies including the library catalog and databases
- Connect students with campus and community resources
- Observe information literacy workshops and one-shot library orientations
- Create information literacy instruction plans and activities for workshops
- Co-teach and solo teach various library workshops throughout the semester
- Prepare LibGuides, bookmarks, flyers, and handouts
- Create eye-catching and interactive displays (e.g. Veterans Month, Banned Books, etc.)
- Help with special events (e.g. children’s storytime, finals week, etc.)
- Archival processing of East Los Angeles College archives collection
- Collection development for special collections (Readers’ Collection, Career/Test Prep, etc.)
To apply for this job please visit researchguides.elac.edu.