Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and the Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life, and create industry-shaping approaches.
The position would have three main functions – ownership of the integrity of existing assets in the DAM system, executing/helping define strategy around the data model, and supporting the cross-business metadata governance working group. There’s an opportunity for improving onboarding and user training as well. The Data Librarian will be able to focus on governance of the overall data model and integrations with other systems.
The day-to-day would mostly consist of running meetings with user groups to define cleansing strategy, both manual and programmatic metadata curation, standards and strategy, collaboration with business analysts on cleansing options, and streamlining existing workflows to improve metadata quality. The overall goal of the team is to work with both engineering and users to ensure the DAM system is providing TWDC with the best possible solution for asset management.
There’s a lot of brainstorming new ideas, testing new functionality, and networking with users. The system serves thousands of folks throughout Disney and partner agencies, so anyone on the team will get to know users from all over the company and beyond. The team culture is collegial – everyone is willing to advise or pitch in when their skills are needed.
- Support data curation of TWDC Asset Management solutions – adding value to assets via accurate metadata and organization
- Responsible for data normalization and cleansing
- Perform quality control of metadata by business unit asset managers
- Assist users in upload, search and research within TWDC DAM products
- Have experience with manual data cleanup projects
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Library and/or Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution. Alternatively, 1-3 years work experience in a related field, preferably managing digital collections
- Strong cataloging and description background
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with verbal and written communication
- Strong understanding of metadata standards and experience creating taxonomy
- Experience with media technologies and production workflows
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Familiarity with learning and teaching new technologies
- Experience in Digital Asset Management
- Strong database usage and ability to understand data structures
- Familiarity with Media & Entertainment industry
- Membership in industry trade organizations (ALA, SAA, SLA, Siggraph, etc.)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.