Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution’s mission (DMED) is to delight consumers around the world with the entertainment and sports content they want most, with more choice, personalization, and convenience than ever before. Comprised of Disney’s International media businesses and the Company’s streaming and linear services, the DMED Engineering segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. DMED is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; Disney+, the Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; global advertising sales and ad technology for all of Disney’s media properties, including ABC, ESPN, Freeform, FX Networks, National Geographic and the Disney Channels; HotStar, the leading over-the-top streaming service in India; and the Company’s majority ownership stake in Hulu.
The Data Librarian will be a member of the Metadata Platforms team within the broader DMED Content Platforms organization.
A core function of the Metadata Platforms team is in creating and distributing the metadata that enhances the discoverability and analysis of creative works for business units across The Walt Disney Company. Central to this function is the setup of relevant titles and title data that power the day-to-day metadata tagging and title publishing of the team.
- Ensure proper title setup, checking that priority titles are available and updated as necessary in the content platform, and meet the team’s title setup standards
- Research and associate necessary character and persons information in the content platforms, ensuring they are setup per existing methodologies, and meet Disney classification standards
- Research and setup other key information, including, but not limited to, title specific location data
- Respond to Metadata requests and questions as they are reported, ensuring that tagging work is not blocked
- Report system bugs and issues related to metadata and taxonomy classification, as they arise, in a bug ticketing system, and coordinate priorities and resolution with the Engineering teams
- Regularly develop and update needed documentation, that includes the metadata governance and classification methodologies, and key librarian processes
- Work closely with stakeholder teams, including the Engineering and other Disney data governance teams, to troubleshoot bugs & issues, and collaborate on new processes, and workflows
- Properly communicate the team’s processes with stakeholder teams, as necessary
- Properly prepare and demo key metadata platforms to other Disney team’s, explaining and showcasing the value of ‘clean’ and consistently setup metadata
- Help troubleshoot system access issues as needed
- 2 years’ experience as a working librarian, preferably in the entertainment space
- 2 years’ experience working in content or metadata systems. Prior experience with Smartlogic Semaphore a plus
- Previous work experience in a media company
- Familiarity with the Disney catalog a plus
- Understanding of media production workflows, digital video product workflows, and consumer facing digital video product features
- Ability to clearly communicate goals, status and issues
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Resolution-oriented and a natural problem solver
- Able to quickly learn and respond to new and evolving workflows and processes
- Has a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- MLIS from ALA-accredited school required
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.