Lead successful planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of all marketing communication for Pikes Peak Library District (PPLD) to achieve its mission and goals. Provide strategic direction and oversight for advertising, marketing, promotion, and public/media relations, as well as daily management for marketing staff.
- Direct and motivate staff who oversee advertising, brand alignment, digital marketing, graphic design, photography, projects, program promotion, signage, and video production; offer guidance and support with daily work while ensuring strong coordination and communication across team.
- Develop and manage all marketing communication strategies, plans, budgets, and work processes, as well as metrics and key performance indicators, in conjunction with marketing team.
- Drive decision-making, planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of public relations and marketing for library services, resources, and facilities.
- Collaborate with peers, along with other internal and external stakeholders, to ensure strong relationships and strategic alignment; share data, insights, best practices, and recommendations to inform future planning and success for key initiatives, programs, events, and partnerships.
- Serve as primary spokesperson and media contact for District promotion and education; pitch news stories, respond to requests, and coordinate interviews; cultivate and manage relationships with local, regional, and national outlets; and handle staff media training.
- Spearhead PR/marketing initiatives and campaigns to support departmental and organizational goals; evaluate efforts, target audiences, and emerging trends to inform future endeavors.
- Oversee management of all marketing communication assets and channels, such as earned media, email marketing, paid advertising, print collateral, signage and promotional displays, social media, storytelling, videography, photography, and websites.
- Serve as Managing Editor of all District-wide publications and collateral, such as PPLD’s quarterly magazine, annual report, and booklets; lead such projects throughout lifecycle, as well as contribute to copywriting and editing.
- Serve as steward of PPLD’s brand standards and style guide; ensure cohesiveness and consistency of branding and messaging across all communication assets and channels of PPLD.
- Oversee key vendor relationships and contracts managed by marketing team members, such as for media monitoring, paid advertising, and digital and email marketing.
- Hire, train, and coach marketing staff; provide ongoing feedback, mentorship, and performance management, as well as support individual staff development.
- Support Chief Communications Officer with high-level planning, research, and analysis regarding strategic plans and budgets, public perception, audience segmentation, customer journeys, brand positioning, and thought leadership.
- Lead day-to-day operations of department in absence of Chief Communications Officer.
- Thorough knowledge of PPLD’s policies and procedures, with ability to follow them and communicate them to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to act as spokesperson and brand ambassador of PPLD by promoting its mission and vision.
- Adept understanding of library services and departmental guidelines, standards, and priorities.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of public relations, marketing communications, branding, and reputation management, including best practices, innovative solutions, and emerging trends.
- Ability to lead brainstorming sessions and focus the work of creative staff, while motivating and empowering them to pursue new ideas, opportunities, and professional development.
- Exhibits leadership, sound judgment, and professional demeanor in all situations; thinks and acts appropriately under pressure.
- Known for identifying opportunities for collaboration and pursuing innovative solutions; needs to be able to merge disparate interests from various services and locations to achieve efficient results.
- Recognized as data-driven strategic planner and taskmaster of competing priorities; demonstrates strong project management that guides team in reaching goals and meeting deadlines in fastpaced, detail-rich environment.
- Exhibits excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including active listening and cooperation, with staff, media, partners, patrons, and vendors.
- Demonstrates superb public speaking and presentation skills, as well as excellent copywriting, editing, and proofreading skills; comfortable using AP Style.
- Ability to be responsive, adaptable, and supportive team player who values working in diverse environment with people of various backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures.
- Exhibits proficiency in using application software and other platforms, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite, project management, social media, website, email marketing, graphic design, customer relationship management, and standard office equipment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule when needed; occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekend hours necessary for media interviews, events, and other library-related activities.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in marketing, public relations, and/or branding, with a proven track record of leading successful initiatives and serving as an organizational spokesperson.
- At least 1-2 years of staff supervision experience is preferred.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field.
- For application: Resume, cover letter, and at least 3 relevant samples like a
marketing/campaign plan, press release, and/or published article or column.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Previous experience working with public information in library or nonprofit setting is preferred.
- Bilingual ability is a plus in serving a diverse community.
- Must have access to reliable transportation for local travel.
See here for full details.
To apply for this job please visit www.mpla.us.