Website Wichita Public Library
The City of Wichita is seeking a Director of Libraries who has the vision and desire to keep this progressive and thriving library moving forward. This opportunity is open due to the retirement of the previous Director. This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a forward-moving library that embraces the community it serves. The library is renowned for its excellent staff, supportive library advisory board, and engaged community.
The library serves approximately 389,000 residents of Wichita with library buildings in seven locations, including a central Advanced Learning Library that opened in a state-of-the-art facility in 2018. Wichita is the largest city in Kansas and a regional hub for culture, education, and industry. With its diverse economy, affordable housing market, and array of entertainment and recreational options, Wichita is one of the Midwest’s best places to live. Salary $125,000 to $167,000/year, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- Serve as a visionary and innovative leader, responding to the needs of the Wichita community and adapting to the changing role of public libraries
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the board, staff, community and business leaders, and the general public
- An understanding of current and emerging trends in library operations including customer service, technology, and programming
- Political savvy with well-developed skills at building and strengthening relations with the community
- High-level public library managerial and leadership experience with financial and planning responsibilities (preferred)
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school (preferred)
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume, and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “Wichita” in the subject line of your email. Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries. Interviews will be ongoing. First consideration given to applications received by July 16, 2021.
John Keister & Associates
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org