Brigham Young University
- Creates, updates, remediates, transforms, imports, and exports metadata for digital objects and collections residing in various library systems and metadata repositories
- Coordinates aggregation of digital content and metadata, including digital object metadata and descriptive records
- Maintains and updates metadata application profiles
- Creates metadata ingest templates
- Performs quality control and quality assessment of metadata describing digital objects
- Presents research or innovative/unique information at conferences, workshops, seminars, and/or other professional/scholarly meetings
- Master’s in Library and Information Science (MLIS) from an ALA-accredited institution
- Digital metadata emphasis in graduate school or three years of experience working in digital metadata and digital collections is preferred
- Ability to research, edit, evaluate, upgrade, and manipulate the content of library systems and databases
- Knowledge of protocols and methods for digital metadata aggregation, including the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH) and application protocol interfaces
- Demonstrated understanding of emerging developments within the national metadata environment and within librarianship in general
- Familiarity with linked-data concepts and practices
For a copy of the full job description please email email@example.com
Information required at the time of application – Please list the individual contact information for each of your three recommenders on the faculty application. At some point during the selection process they may be contacted to submit their letters of reference electronically
Document(s) required at the time of application – Please attach your updated Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to the faculty application.
Equal Opportunity Employer: m/f/Vets/Disability
BYU is an equal opportunity employer. Preference is given to qualified candidates who are members in good standing of the affiliated church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
To apply for this job please visit hrms.byu.edu.