RRLibraries Rio Rancho Public Libraries
The Deputy Library Director assists the Library Director in the management of various activities and operations within the library, which may include, library system management, library branch management, library program coordination, support services, circulation management, fiscal services, technical services, digital services, and the Integrated Library System; coordinate and plan program functions for the library; coordinate and assign activities with other departments, divisions, or outside agencies; provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Library Director.
- Assists in the management and administration of various activities and operations within the Library Department which may include, library system management, library program coordination, support services, circulation management, fiscal services, technical services, digital services, and the Integrated Library System.
- Assist in establishing appropriate service and staffing levels; monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; recommend, with the section, appropriate service and staffing levels.
- Studies, recommends, and implements policies and procedures to improve Library and employee productivity.
- Assist in the management of Capital Improvement building projects for the library department.
- Investigate grant opportunities; prepare and submit grant applications for the library; coordinate the management and reporting for successful grant applications and act as the principal investigator for grants.
- Supervises assigned staff, carries out staff performance evaluations, and recommends hiring or disciplinary actions as needed.
- Serve as liaison for the Library department with other City departments, divisions, and outside agencies; negotiate and resolve sensitive and controversial issues.
- Participates in the creation and regular revisions of library planning documents, including Library Strategic Plan, Master Plan, Collection Development Plan, and Library Technology plan. Is responsible for ensuring implementation of these plans at assigned section level.
- Review organizational budgetary, personnel and operational demands with departmental management staff; propose solutions and recommended courses of action.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate library personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Participates in the creation of the Department budget, setting annual Library goals and objectives, and identifying expenditures needed to carry them out.
- Provide responsible staff assistance to the Library Director.
- May be scheduled to work nights and weekends.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science
- Five years of related experience in library services
- At least three years of experience supervising staff.
To review the full job description and to complete an online application, please visit https://rrnm.gov/1743/City-of-Rio-Rancho-Career-Center
To apply for this job please visit ciriorancho.hrmdirect.com.