The Reference, Instruction & Outreach Services (RIOS) Department at California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH), invites highly qualified, motivated, and well-organized, applicants for a pool of full-time teaching appointments. The faculty of the University Library at California State University Dominguez Hills invites applications for full-time temporary librarian positions in the University Library’s Reference, Instruction, and Outreach Services (RIOS) department. The temporary faculty pool is continuously open, and positions are filled as needed, based on funding. Candidates may need to be available to begin in a position on short notice.
The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for working with campus partners and students to promote AL$ and other low or no-cost course materials options in an academic library environment. This individual will also be passionate about working with students and faculty to meet their research and instructional needs.
The Reference and Instruction Librarian/Affordable Learning Solutions Coordinator will provide leadership and support for the University Library’s Affordable Learning Solutions program. In collaboration with library colleagues, campus partners, and AL$ personnel at the Chancellor’s Office, this Librarian will continue the University Library’s efforts that facilitate the discovery, adoption, and utilization of components of the Affordable Learning Solutions program at CSUDH. As a member of the Research, Instruction, and Outreach Services Department (RIOS) the incumbent will have reference, instruction, and collection development/management responsibilities in support of General Education (GE) classes in addition to coordination of this functional area. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as lead for all required AL$ program duties, that include submitting AL$ reports and RFPs, and managing funded proposals.
- Participate in providing general reference, research consultations, instruction, and outreach to academic departments regarding AL$ initiatives and trainings.
- Work with campus student organizations to develop a student ambassador program to promote low-cost and no-cost affordable materials for students.
- Assist faculty in finding and appropriately using AL$ resources that align with their courses through both consultations and the development of online resources (e.g., guides and tutorials).
- Supervise the staff member and students who assist and support the work of AL$ projects.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited institution or an international equivalent.
- Ability to effectively participate in the areas of research consultation, instruction, and outreach to support Affordable Learning Solutions.
- Applied knowledge of the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education.
- Leadership ability, strong problem-solving skills, and commitment to continuous learning.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to carry out complex projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience preparing and delivering workshops and presentations to a faculty audience.
- A positive attitude and excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working effectively with ethnically and culturally diverse library users as well as users in other diverse groups (e.g. age, abilities, gender, etc.).
- Familiarity with issues revolving around OER such as open education, open textbooks, open access, open licensing, and copyright.
- Project management experience.
- Evidence of flexibility and innovative thinking.
- Experience providing reference services and research help both in-person and via chat.
- Experience teaching and/or training, using active learning methods.
- Familiarity with program assessment techniques to assess the AL$ programs.
- Successful background check
To apply submit a current Curriculum Vitae or Resume with contact information, a one-page Cover Letter including a Diversity Statement and Teaching Statement, a list of three references with contact information, and unofficial transcripts (an official transcript will be required upon initial appointment).
To apply for this job please visit careers.csudh.edu.