Website Colorado College
Title: Paraprofesional: History of Colorado College Archival Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
Annual Hours: 1624.5
Base Months: 10
Hours per week: 37.5
Job Classification: Hourly
Open Date: 04/23/2020
Close Date: Open Until Filled
In support of the three-year, gift-funded “History of Colorado College Project,” this 10-month paraprofessional will assist the Project Archivist in intake, arrangement, description, and preservation of archival materials in all formats documenting the history of Colorado College.
– Under the guidance of the Project Archivist, work with departments, offices, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and potential donors to acquire materials.
– Physically transfer materials to the archives.
– Work with Oral History Project Director on preparing for, recording and transcribing interviews.
– Under the guidance of the Project Archivist, arrange and describe archival materials.
– May create metadata for digital records; upload records and metadata to digital repository.
– Work to create an inclusive environment in Tutt Library that respects, appreciates, and enriches all individuals and groups in our diverse community.
– Support and actively contribute to the goal of achieving greater diversity, inclusion and equity at Colorado College and work effectively with all members of the campus community.
– Promote a culture of safety and environmental protection by working in a safe manner; immediately reporting unsafe situations and accidents; following college procedures; and participating in appropriate safety training.
– Demonstrate environmental sustainability by using college resources wisely and supporting the college’s sustainability initiatives and innovation.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
College degree; good interpersonal communication skills; high level of attention to detail; affinity for bringing order to chaos; ability to work independently, to balance multiple priorities, and to work in a collegial team environment; physical requirements: considerable sitting, stooping, bending, and standing, moderate physical effort (lifting up to 40 pounds), ability to push loaded book truck; demonstrated commitment to inclusion and willingness to participating in Colorado College’s shared work toward the becoming an antiracist institution; interest in serving the needs of a highly-selective residential liberal arts campus. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by Colorado College motor vehicle insurance carrier.
Experience arranging, describing, and preserving archival collections, preferably in an academic setting; background in History, Museum Studies, Library Science, or other related field.
- Cover Letter
This organization participates in E-Verify. For more information, visit www.e-verify.gov.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Colorado College’s policies, if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Colorado College, or if you cannot use the online application system, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (719) 389-6241 or HR@ColoradoCollege.edu