Art of College Design
All members of the ArtCenter (or College) community are Guardians of Mission. Each position held is an important part of carrying out the values, goals, strategic vision, and mission of the College. This includes diversity, equity, inclusion and culture. ArtCenter is a Global Leader in Art and Design Education as it is looking for diverse, creative, innovative professionals looking to grow in their profession and as a member of this dynamic art and design community.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Online Education and working directly with faculty, the successful candidate will design and develop courses and non-credit educational experiences that are educationally meaningful, rigorous, and fully engaging for learners. This position will manage the entire instructional learning design process for their portfolio of offerings. The incumbent will ensure timely completion of projects while maintaining a high-end, quality product, including rigorous scaffolded learning design that includes learning objectives/outcomes, formative/summative assessments, and case-based scenarios. This position will also work with a full production team to create video, audio, and other new technologies, including AI, AR/VR/MX. This is a fixed-term benefits-eligible position, with possibility for extensions based on the needs of the College.
Qualified applicants should email their cover letter with resume and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Online Education: Learning Experience Designer”.
- Bachelor’s degree in learning design, instructional design, distance learning, adult education, UX design, educational technology or a related field and/or a body of work that demonstrates similar competencies from and accredited college or university
- Two years of experience designing online courses, including specific content, specific audiences, including non-credit courses and learning experiences.
- Ability to design learning content guided by the learning objectives and the user experience.
- Experience designing pertinent formative and summative assessments to measure progress and mastery.
- Experience working with a product team to create a quality user experience in addition to building learning assets and/or curriculum.
- Experience working independently and with multimedia teams to collaborate to develop engaging multimedia content.
- Ability to work with faculty to fully discuss and plan educational, pedagogy, and technology needs.
- Ability to apply learning design methodologies and educational technologies in the design and development of online learning experiences.
- Experience with one or more leading learning management systems as well as common software (Adobe Suite, other edtech software) used in the design and development of distance learning courses.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic educational technology issues.
- Self-motivated engagement in professional development in online education, learning design, learning experience design, curriculum design, teaching and learning, and new educational technologies.
- Flexibility to work outside business hours for system maintenance activities.
- Excellent problem solving skills, flexibility, creativity, and the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and competing demands
- A commitment to diversity, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within ArtCenter’s diverse communities.
- Ability to handle all information with tact and discretion and recognize the confidential nature of ArtCenter’s business, especially when working with third parties.
- Master’s degree in learning design, instructional design, distance learning, adult education, UX design, educational technology or a related field and/or a body of work that demonstrates similar competencies from and accredited college or university (preferred)
- Experience in a high-paced, start-up environment (preferred)
- Industry experience in online higher education, training, and/or e-commerce (preferred)
- Collaborate with fellow team members and faculty/SMEs to envision, design, and develop complete online courses
- Work with the Sr. LXD to develop course development and evaluation templates and tools
- Work with the Sr. LXD to develop and maintain documentation for all courses
- Work with the Sr. LXD to develop and implement user experience models
- Set up a continuous improvement plan for all courses in partnership with faculty
- Work with the Sr. LXD to apply project management principles and tools to project planning, execution, reporting, evaluation, and documentation
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current and better assist other team members; adapt quickly to new technologies and robust toolkits; gain strong understanding of user experience and interaction with the content and the learning environment
- Collaborate with others on ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring other online courses and industry developments and trends
- Work alongside UX/UI, Interaction, media team, operations team, and graphic designers for web design features and benchmarking competitive sites for ensuring best-in- class products are developed
- See through all projects from conception to finished product on agreed-to timeline and balance the workload
- Participate in college committees
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job please visit www.artcenter.edu.