The Oklahoma Department of Libraries (ODL) is now accepting applications for the position of Collection Engagement Librarian (Librarian II, OMES Classified Job Description E21B) in the Office of Library Resources. Salary starts at $42,839.20. A full suite of benefits is provided including health, dental, life and disability insurance; 15 days of annual leave per year, increasing after five, ten and twenty years of employment; 15 sick leave days per year; 11 observed holidays; and a lump sum longevity payment after 2 years of service that increases every two years.
The Collection Engagement Librarian assists with the overall selection and management strategy of both the physical and digital collections under the Office of Library Resources (OLR). This position also assists with generating and maintaining customer engagement with ODL collections. Under the direction of the OLR Administrative Librarian, the successful candidate will accomplish these responsibilities by engaging ODL staff and customers to ensure collections meet the needs of ODL’s target audiences. This includes collaborating closely with other OLR librarians to implement both strategic and tactical recommendations of the selection, de-selection and findability of information sought by customers.
- Use data to evaluate physical and digital collections for: Findability and browsability AND Relevance to agency strategic goals and audience needs
- May promote the use of library resources through outreach projects
- Generate and share collection performance data reports
- Work with subject experts to monitor and analyze collection use; Collaborate with ODL staff to create and implement strategies for effective collection management
- Assists with overall collection discovery strategy of both physical and digital collections
- Evaluate and make recommendations to improve use and accessibility of digital collections, including Overdrive and EBSCO
- Create and assign metadata to physical and digital records, including original and copy cataloging
- Use data, knowledge of agency target audience needs, and professional library sources to make materials selection recommendations
- Participate in planning with library materials selectors and acquisitions specialist to make effective use of materials budget
- Provide excellent customer service at the Information Desk, up to 10 hours per week
- Conduct professional reference assistance in person, by phone, and by email
- Perform basic circulation functions including account look up, check out, renewal, return of materials and answering questions about library policy
- Assist customers with using research computers, scanner, and copier
- Shelve materials and maintain tidy appearance of library areas
- Two years’ experience leading collaborative team projects
- Demonstrated experience in using data to make decisions about library collections
- Knowledge of Digital Content Management: Overdrive and OCLC ContentDM
- Knowledge of RDA cataloging principles
- Experience with EBSCOhost content provided statewide by ODL
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Applications, including SharePoint and Teams
- Knowledge of OCLC Worldshare Management Services Integrated Library System preferred
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, especially with group projects
- Passion for service to customers and supporting co-workers
- Excels with creative solutions and critical thinking
- Self-motivated and sees projects through to completion
- Satisfied with working independently and collaboratively
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
This is a classified position under the Oklahoma Merit System. The Human Capital Management Division of the Office of Management and Enterprise Services must certify all applicants as eligible for this position. The Oklahoma Department of Libraries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobapscloud.com.