City of San Marino
The focus of this position will be to provide library services and instruction to all age groups.
- Answering reference questions and providing reader’s advisory.
- Offering basic computer assistance and assisting patrons with navigating the Internet.
- Purchasing materials and managing collections.
- Planning and directing library programs.
- Cataloging books and other materials.
- Acting as a United States Passport Acceptance agent.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of designated library department; plans, and organizes the activities and programs of the designated library department; organizes, plans and assumes responsibility for individually assigned tasks.
- Assists children and adults in effective use of library resources, services and facilities; assists children and adults in effective use of library resources; serves, as assigned, at the reference desk.
- Classifies and catalogs library materials; responsible for reviewing, discarding and replacing materials in the library collection; develops and maintains special files, bibs, collections and resources.
- Assists with the preparation of statistical reports, program marketing and volunteer outreach; participates in the development and implementation of strategic goals and objectives.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited college or university.
- At least one (1) year of experience with library work.
- Knowledge of professional library practices, principles and materials
- Knowledge of reference sources and cataloging techniques
- Knowledge of reading interest levels and current and classic authors and books.
- Ability to perform reference work and select appropriate library materials
- Ability to analyze difficult problems and recommend solutions and plan and execute library programs independently
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, telephone, copy machine, and library equipment and respond to the public’s and staff’s requests for assistance, both on the phone and in-person
- Ability to prepare reports perform mathematical calculations and sort/file documents
Ability Deal tactfully and effectively with the general public and establish and maintain an effective working relationship with fellow employees
- Ability to sit for up to two hours at a time, lift up to 15 pounds, and get from one location to another in the course of doing business, including climbing stairs.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.