Moore Public Library
Plans, organizes and manages the activities, staff and services of the Children’s Department; provides direct, outstanding, high-level customer service to all customers; working knowledge in the operation of computers and standard office software products. Works under the direction of the Moore Branch Manager; performs other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule which will include evenings and weekends, in addition up to two weeks of “Mandatory New Hire Orientation & Training” located at the Administrative Offices in Norman. This full time position pays $52,032/yr for candidates with MLIS degrees and $41,520 with BA/BS degrees.
- Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Master’s degree preferred from an ALA accredited college/university;
- Three years related experience in public libraries, children’s services, and/or customer service;
- Three years supervisory experience preferred;
- Equivalent combination of technical training, experience and/or education may be considered;
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understands and performs basic functions and tasks of common software programs and email applications;
- Uses and helps others use basic computer hardware;
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures for public library service and the ability to interpret them to the staff and the public;
- Knowledge of electronic resources, including the Internet and database information retrieval;
- Skills in working with public, public speaking and conducting effective story times and other library programs;
- Working knowledge in the operation of computers and office machines and standard office software products;
- Strong skills in written and spoken communication and interpersonal relationships;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with library customers, branch and system staff;
- Lift up to 25 lbs; retrieve and replace items from floor level to at least 5 ½ feet in height;
- Work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends.
Applications accepted through February 07, 2021. Résumé alone is not sufficient; completed application form is required.
Pioneer Library System will make all reasonable accommodations in the application and employment processes. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact Elissa Fox at 405-801-4506, or by email, email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.